Preparing for Your Stay at University of Colorado Hospital
What to Expect When You Come
At University of Colorado Hospital, we believe that patients and families are our partners in health.
While you are at the hospital, “speak up” and let us know:
- What you think
- If you are worried about anything
- What you may need
Our new hospital is designed with you and your family in mind. While your hospital stay may not be easy for you, we intend to offer the very best care, emotional support and education throughout your time with us.
Take virtual tours of some hospital rooms and facilities
What to Bring When You Come
- A list of your current medications
- A few personal belongings
- Clothes to wear when you go home from the hospital
What not to bring to the hospital
- Items of great value to you
Your Room at UCH
- Designed for your privacy
- Room for one family member to stay the night
- Bedside controls for lighting, television and calling a nurse
- Wireless Internet Access from your personal laptop
- DVD Player/VCR
We want you to be fully prepared for going home. We will let you know an approximate date for discharge when you are admitted. If we don’t share that with you, please ask us!