Thank you for your interest in volunteering at University of Colorado Hospital!
Volunteers are an important part of providing amazing service to patients at our hospital. We want your experience to be valuable and worthwhile to you and the hospital.
We're looking for students who will be 16 years of age and entering their junior and senior years of high school, with at least a 3.0 GPA. The ideal candidate is someone who has a serious interest in pursuing a future career in health care. Here are some details about the teen volunteer program:
• There will be two four-week sessions, the first from June 3 to 28 and the second from July 8 to August 2. Teen volunteers may enroll in one or both sessions.
• Volunteers will attend two mornings per week, with a three-hour shift per morning (volunteer can select which days).
• Volunteers will attend sessions, held once or twice a week, at which healthcare experts (doctors, nurses, medical technicians, etc.) will speak.
• 100% attendance of volunteers at their designated sessions is required (no absences due to vacations, camps, etc.)
The following is the process of becoming a volunteer:
• Complete the teen application that appears below.
• Have your parent/guardian sign the Parent Consent Form
(you will receive this form in your personal email account after completing the application below).
• Two references are required. One reference must be from a teacher at your school. The second reference may be from another teacher, minister, employer, previous supervisor or adult friend (you will receive the forms after completing the application form below).
• Complete a Health Screen Form (received during interview).
• Complete a tuberculin skin test provided by the hospital, unless you can provide proof of a current test (discussed during your interview).
• You will need to be committed to your community and be willing to experience a hospital environment within the opportunities that we have available.
• Call Volunteer Services at (720) 848-4068 or (720) 848-4070 to schedule your interview!