Thank you for your interest in volunteering at University of Colorado Hospital. Volunteers are an important part of providing amazing service to patients at our hospital. We want your experience to be valuable and worthwhile to you and the hospital. The following is the process of becoming a volunteer:
• Complete the application below, background check form and review our volunteer positions
• Two references are required. Send your references to two (2) people who are not relatives. They must be completed and sent back to our office before you can begin volunteering. Do not fax background check.
• You will need to complete a mandatory three hour orientation.
• You will also be asked to complete a Health Screening (30 minutes) with University of Colorado Hospital's Occupational Nurse. There is no charge to you. For applicants 18 and older, drug screening will be done during your appointment (we follow federal guidelines for prohibited substances).
• Complete 2 tuberculin skin tests provided by the hospital, unless you can provide proof of a current test (discussed during your interview).
• We request a minimum commitment of 60 hours or 6 months. Most volunteers are scheduled for one day 3-4 hours per week.
Call Volunteer Services to schedule your interview at 720-848-1886.
After completing the application form you will receive additional forms (background check
and reference form
) in your personal email account that will need to be completed before your interview.