Gastroenterology Clinic at UCH
Our Philosophy of Care
Whether you need a routine colonoscopy screening or are looking for information on a digestive disorder, University of Colorado Hospital wants to be a resource for you.
We regularly treat patients referred to us from doctors in 16 western states. This amounts to more than 10,000 diagnostic and therapeutic procedures each year. Call us at 720-848-2777 to request an appointment.
Conditions We Treat
Colon screenings are done via a colonoscopy – a procedure to look inside the rectum and colon for abnormal areas. A thin, lighted tube, called a colonoscope, is inserted through the rectum into the colon. Your gastrointestinal specialist is able to view the walls of the colon to spot abnormalities.
It's prudent for all men over 50 to have a colonoscopy done if they haven't had one.
What to Bring to Your Gastroenterology Appointment
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state or military ID are acceptable)
- Your insurance card. If covered by a spouse's policy, know your spouse's date of birth and Social Security number
- A referral form or number if required by your insurance carrier
- Previous medical records. You also can arrange to have them transferred prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Name, address and phone number of the referring physician (if relevant)
Gastroenterology: Contact Information
Anschutz Medical Campus
Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion
1665 Aurora Court, 2nd floor
Aurora, CO 80045
Please DO NOT mail correspondence to the street address. Call the clinic for our mailing address.
When We're Open
8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Insurance & Payment Information
University of Colorado Hospital accepts most major insurance plans.
Your insurance co-pay (if required) is due at the time of service.
For your convenience we accept:
- Personal check