Classes, Support Resources and Events
The University of Colorado Cancer Center provides a variety of in person and online educational and support programs and classes for patients, caregivers, family and friends.
To learn more about resources, programs and support groups, you can visit our Cancer Resource Center, located on the 2nd floor of the cancer center or call 720-848-0316.
Support Services and Resources for Your Cancer Journey (15 minutes)
The webinar provides a brief overview of the many services and support resources that are available to patients and their families during and after cancer treatment.
- In order to serve patients and families better and to provide good educational materials, we would ask if you view the above webinar to complete an online survey about your experience. We thank you in advance for your input!
Mind/Body Series - Guided Imagery (15 minutes)
Facilitated by Sayrd Annon, LCSW. Imagery Exercise based on Center of Mind/Body Medicine curriculum.
AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY PATIENT NAVIGATOR
The University of Colorado Hospital American Cancer Society Patient Navigator can:
- Connect patients and caregivers with programs and services to help improve access to resources and support to help them on their journey
- Help patients deal with the day-to-day challenges of living with cancer, such as transportation, lodging, and financial assistance
- Provide help throughout the disease continuum – from the time of diagnosis, through treatment, into survivorship.
Location and Hours
The ACS Patient Navigator is located in the Cancer Resource Center on the second floor in the Anschutz Cancer Pavilion at University of Colorado Hospital. It is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please call (720) 848-0316 for more information.
SUPPORT GROUPS AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
The University of Colorado Cancer Center offers the following cancer specific support groups at our facility:
- Leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma
- Brain Tumor
- Young Adult
- Couples Facing Cancer
Please call 720-848-0316 for more information or to register for any of these support groups.
In addition, the Cancer Center offers other educational programs and events:
Cancer Resource Center Orientation: A program helping patients and families connect with the services and resources available to them at University of Colorado Cancer Center.
Look Good…Feel Better: A FREE program sponsored by the American Cancer Society. The program teaches women undergoing cancer treatment beauty techniques to overcome treatment related side effects. Registration is required at (720) 848-0316.
CLIMB® : A support program for young children coping with a parent diagnosed with cancer.
Lemonade Tours: A program offering tours of the cancer center for children coping with a parent diagnosed with cancer.
Nutrition Lectures: Join the Cancer Center for timely lectures on nutrition and the impact it can have on cancer. Taught by a nutritionist who specializes in working with cancer patients and survivors.