Security Information from University of Colorado Hospital
University of Colorado Hospital takes great measures to make sure the Anschutz Medical Campus is safe.
- A security patrol monitors the parking lots and buildings 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Parking lots are well lit.
- Escorts are available to walk you to your car.
- Our Birth Center has a special security system.
Security in Parking Areas
- Each parking lot has ample lighting to insure optimum visibility when walking to and from your car.
- Emergency “Blue” phones are located throughout parking lots and garages, as well as along all pedestrian walkways.
- Security also provides a variety of support activities for staff, patients and visitors including:
- Escorts to and from personal vehicles
Police phones are located
throughout the campus.
- Recharging dead vehicle batteries
- Assistance in contacting services related to keys locked in the car, flat tires and disabled automobiles
- Security staff patrols all parking lots, garages and pedestrian walkways on a scheduled routine basis.
- All parking lots are monitored 24/7 by security camera systems.
The Security Staff
- On-site security is present at the Anschutz Medical Campus 24/7.
- A minimum of two security personnel staff the Emergency Department at all times.
- Security personnel stay in constant contact with the call center and have direct connection to campus police and area law enforcement.
- The 24-hour call center keeps constant watch on exterior and interior activities.
- Security officers also staff the main patient visitor entrances throughout the day.
For An Escort To Your Vehicle
Our security staff will escort employees and visitors to their vehicle after dark. To request an escort, please call extension 8-7777.
In case of an emergency, dial 911. This will connect you to the Hospital Shared Services Emergency dispatchers.