Patient Resource Center
The Patient Resource Center has a wide variety of scientifically based medical information and resources. Our trained volunteers can help you:
- Locate current and reliable information on diseases, conditions and treatments in books and on the Internet
- Develop a better partnership with your medical team
- Make informed choices about your health
The Patient Resource Center is open to patients, loved ones, friends or community members.
Spiritual Care Services are available to support you, your family and those close to you as you find and use strength within your personal system of faith, culture and belief. We are here to support you spiritually and emotionally with a listening and accepting presence. A chaplain is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Learn more about Spiritual Care
Learn about the UCH Ethics Committee
Palliative Care Consult Services
Palliative care is the medical specialty focused on relief of pain, stress, and other debilitating symptoms of serious illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for you and your family.
Palliative care is appropriate at any point in your illness, and can be provided at the same time as curative treatment.
Learn more about Palliative Care
University of Colorado Hospital's Office of Patient Representatives is available to assist you.
The patient representative:
- Serves as a liaison between patients, families, hospital and medical staff
- Advocates for patients’ rights
- Promotes patient satisfaction
- Serves as point of contact for organization-wide complaints and grievances
- Provides feedback from the patient to the organization to continually improve the patient experience
Patients should try to resolve concerns about their care by using University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) resources at the time of service.
Patients and/or their representative may submit a concern or complaint, verbally or in writing, to the UCH Patient Representative.
The patient representative may be reached at (720) 848-5277 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. On holidays, weekends or after hours, you may call the hospital operator at (720) 848-0000 and ask for the hospital manager. You may contact the patient representative in writing at:
University of Colorado Hospital
12401 E 17th Avenue, C-300
Aurora, CO 80045
For billing issues, please contact the University of Colorado Hospital Patient Accounts department at 720-848-8800.
For Lost and Found, please contact Hospital Security’s lost and found line at 720-848-2458.
Patient Rights & Privacy
Get information about pharmacy locations and hours of operation at University of Colorado Hospital.
At University of Colorado Hospital, social workers are an important part of your care team.
Social workers provide:
- Emotional support and counseling to individuals and families
- Case coordination, consultation and discharge planning
- Crisis intervention
- Help with adjustment to illness, hospitalization and outpatient care
- Grief/loss counseling
- Child advocacy and protection
- Counseling and/or referrals for financial problems related to the medical situation
- Information on hospital and community resources
Interpretation and Translation Services
Translators or interpreters, including qualified American Sign-Language interpreters, are available to all of our patients. Requests can be made by patients, their families or hospital employees by calling (720) 848-1018. For some languages, advance notice is helpful.
Language translators are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We also have services to accommodate the hearing and visually impaired. If you wish to use any of our translation services, please try to notify us in advance of the service you need.