Professional Resources Online Orientation for Students at UCH
- Please open the orientation module
- The first section of the presentation (Part I) is general hospital and life safety information that all students must complete.
- The second section of the presentation (Part II) is additional clinical and patient safety information that nursing, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, medical assistant, physician assistant, and technician students must complete.
- Please print, complete, and submit to your clinical instructor or University of Colorado Hospital
clinical contact the following documents:
- Student Orientation Test Part I (all students)
- Student Orientation Test Part II (nursing, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, medical assistant, physician assistant and technician students only)
- Documents required for your clinical experience (see below)
Note: The test(s) must be completed and submitted to the clinical instructor or University of Colorado Hospital clinical contact prior to the first clinical day/shift or, if requested, at an orientation date.
Documents Required for All Clinical Experiences
Documents Required for Nursing Undergraduate, Pre-Licensure Student Clinical Experiences
- Student Clinical Practice Guidelines - Print and bring to clinical orientation day
- Pyxis - hospital form that is completed by the student at clinical orientation day
- Clinical Readiness and Self Assessment Form - tool completed by undergraduate nursing students to assist preceptors - Bring to clinical orientation day
- Course Syllabus: provided by the student's school - Bring to clinical orientation day
- Clinical Performance Evaluation (CPE): Clinical evaluation tool provided by the student's school - Bring to clinical orientation day
- Description of services and departments, campus amenities, mission and vision statements at University of Colorado Hospital: www.uch.edu
- Parking and shuttle information: click here