University of Colorado Hospital Traveler RN Program
Enrich your life as well as your work.
You love what you do. Your commitment is unwavering; you’re exceedingly capable and thoroughly professional. A nurse of your caliber deserves an optimum opportunity as a Registered Nurse Traveler in our Traveler RN Program.
The University of Colorado Hospital in the metro-Denver area is not only a 3 time MAGNET hospital and the region’s only academic teaching hospital, it consistently ranks among the best academic medical centers in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and they have also recently recognized us as the
#1 Hospital in Denver. We are renowned for our superior medicine and ongoing progressive research.
As a Registered Nurse working in our “in-house” Traveler RN program, you will use your considerable skill to care for complex patient issues. In so doing, your earnest participation with a multidisciplinary team will ensure the utmost quality of care. And, in return for your invaluable contribution, you will benefit from an openness to your unique perspectives and ideas.
Beyond working in such a prestigious institution, as an RN Traveler, you will enjoy living and working in one of the most naturally beautiful states in the country. Spectacular wide open landscapes, incredible blue skies, clear mountain streams and, of course, the majestic Rocky Mountains.
But that’s not all. Once you join our in-house UCH Traveler RN Program, you’ll also reap the rewards and benefits of travel nursing, including:
- 13-week, full-time assignments
- $34.00/hr Base + lucrative shift differentials
- $1450/month housing stipend (taxable to Traveler)
- Travel reimbursement – up to $400/assignment
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits (benefits begin on the first of each month)
- Licensure reimbursement
To qualify for this exceptional opportunity, you must have previous Traveler RN experience at an academic medical hospital. In addition, you must:
- Be a non-resident of Colorado
- Possess a degree in nursing from an accredited school (BSN preferred)
- Be licensed to practice professional nursing in the state of Colorado, or hold a compact RN license
- Have 3 or more years’ experience as a practicing registered nurse, 2 years within specialty, preferably at an academic medical hospital
- Be BLS certified for Med/Surg positions, BLS and ACLS for ICU positions
- Pass a physical examination and background check
- Pass a Telemetry and Medication Test
Nursing is your life…make Colorado your lifestyle!
How to apply
To see descriptions of our open UCH Traveler positions, visit our online application and key "traveler" in the Description Keywords field.
Then click the "Search" button to see a list of Traveler RN positions. An "Apply for This Position" button appears at the bottom of each description.
Please note – although a ‘pre-employment’ health screen packet will be emailed to you, all UCH Traveler RNs will need to complete a ‘face-to-face’ health screen and drug test with our nurse practitioner. UCH Travelers will also need to take the Dyshrythmia and Pharmacology exams and are allowed to take it remotely. The exams must be passed within 2 attempts before beginning employment. The deadline to complete the health screen and exams are on the Wednesdays at noon before start date.
Traveler RN Pre-orientation Packet
Agency Traveler RN Preorientation Packet
(print and bring to class)
Policies, code of conduct, vehicle registration form, payroll information, pyxis password verification statement, computer system security statement, and Traveler RN job description.