Clinical RN – Progressive Pathway Program
Last updated Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 8:46am.
Our Progressive Pathway Program provides opportunities to UCH RNs who wish to expand their career into a critical care unit or a specialty unit. Applicants must be UCH employees who have been with their current UCH unit for 2 years before applying to this position.
For the August 2014 Progressive Pathway cohort, positions are available in the following units with the number of Pathway candidates being taken:
- Womens Care Center | 1 Pathway
- Birth Center | 1 Pathway
- PACU | 1 Pathway
- M/S PCU | 1 Pathway
- Cardiac PCU | 1 Pathway
- CICU | 1 Pathway
- SICU | 1 Pathways
- CTICU | 2 Pathways
- Neuro ICU | 2 Pathways
- B-TICU | 1 Pathway
Application Window Opens: Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Application deadline: Wednesday, April 30 2014 at 5:00pm MST
Transfer date: August 17, 2014
For dates and deadlines on future Pathway cohorts, please click here.
- First, meet with your current manager to discuss your interest in transferring to a Critical Care or Specialty unit. (HR will send an evaluation for your manager to complete, and ask for your manager’s recommendation/endorsement for a transfer.)
- Then completely fill out the online application, and:
- Attach a comprehensive resume.
- Attach a cover letter explaining:
- Your credentials
- Into which unit you’d like to transfer
- Why you’re interested in that unit.
**Please note that our applicant tracking system only accepts 1 document attachment. Please scan your comprehensive resume and cover letter into 1 Adobe PDF attachment or upload these documents into 1 Microsoft Word document.**
Once your eligibility for the program has been confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with the next steps.
In order to be considered for an opening in the Progressive Pathway Position, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be a current University of Colorado Hospital employee – (former employees, non-employees and agency nurses working at UCH are not eligible for this program.)
- Must have been in your current unit as a Clinical RN for at least 2 years before applying
- Must be eligible for a transfer per the University of Colorado Hospital's transfer policy (found under the HUB as “Internal Transfers and Promotions”)
- Must apply and submit all requirements by the application deadline
Employees who are selected for the Progressive Pathway Program will be required to:
- Agree to work full-time (.9 FTE) for at least one year after transferring to the ICU or specialty unit
- Agree to work rotating day/night shifts
- Attend and participate in the Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO) and / or additional orientation required for the Pathway program
- Transfer to the new unit
- Lose their current scheduling seniority
Interview and Selection Process
- HR will be responsible for verifying eligibility. You will be notified by HR if you do not meet requirements.
- The Pathway selection committee will review all applications and determine which candidates will be interviewed.
- Candidates will interview with the Critical Care / Specialty manager and other members of the interviewing team, and then shadow a nurse on that unit.
- Candidates will be informed of a decision a week after interviews are complete.
For more information about this program, please contact Kay Guardiano at Kay.Guardiano@uchealth.org.
Please note that this program is only open to employees of University of Colorado Hospital.