Target Audience: RN's, RT's, Paramedics, Physicians, Other Healthcare Professionals who require PALS Certification
- Successful completion requires attendance and participation in the entire course.
- Arriving late will require reschedule/repay.
- Pre-course Requirements-
- 1. Review/understand the information in the 2010 Guidelines PALS Provider Manual;
- 2. Complete the pre-test on the AHA website - instructions are on page ii of the 2010 Guidelines PALS Provider Manual - bring your results to class;
- 3. Review/understand the information in the 2010 Guidelines BLS for Healthcare Provider Manual;
- 4. Resuscitation scenarios requires that BLS skills/knowledge are current;
- 5. This course reviews PALS information. Participants are expected to know algorithms, ECG, pharmacology, etc., prior to class and is accomplished during your PALS self-study process;
- 6. CPR-BLS renewal is offered after this course (optional & additional 35.00 dollar fee applies);
- 7. To cancel call the Life Support Office (719-365-1541), or the Clinical Education Office (719-365-5087) at least 24 hours prior to class start. Re-register on the web; 8. Participants arriving 10 minutes or more late will be required to reschedule/repay for the class. Fees collected for this class do not reflect revenue for the AHA.
Class Hours: 10
Book: PALS Provider Manual, 2010 Guidelines - books NOT available at class location, please purchase prior to class
Book Fee: $42.00 - if purchased at the Clinical Education Office ( Memorial Central ).
Non-Employee Fee: $200.00 + $35.00 to renew BLS = $235.00 - does not include text fee
Memorial (South) UCHealth Employee Fee, if required per job description: $0.00 - does not include text fee. Enter Discount Code MHEMPREQ at time of registration. Memorial-UCH Emp ID# and Dept must be listed in your registration for the discount code to be honored.
CHCO (Children's) @ Memorial Employee Fee, if required per job description: $0.00 - does not include text fee. Enter Discount Code CHCOMHEMP at time of registration. Children's Emp ID# and Dept must be listed in your registration for the discount code to be honored.
Cancellation/Refund Information: Cancellations received at least 24 hours prior to the start of class will receive a full refund. No refund will be awarded for cancellations received less than 24 hours before the start of class. Staff cancelling less than 24 hours before the start of class will be considered a "no show" and their manager will be notified of their absence.