How much weight will I lose? How fast will I lose it? Will I continue to lose weight?
What will eating be like after weight-loss surgery?
- What should I eat or drink when I am in the hospital? How about when I first come home? When will I be eating more solid food?
- How often should I eat?
- How much should I eat or drink at one time?
- Are there foods I should not eat?
- What should I do if I feel sick to my stomach? If I am throwing up?
What extra vitamins or minerals I will need to take? Will I always need to take them?
How can I get my home ready before I even go to the hospital?
- How much help will I need when I come home?
- Will I be able to get out of bed by myself?
- How do I make sure my home will be safe for me?
- What type of supplies will I need when I get home?
- Do I need to rearrange my home?
What types of feelings can I expect to have? Can I talk with other people who have had weight-loss surgery?
What will my wound be like? How do I take care of it?
- When can I shower or bathe?
- How do I take care of any drains or tubes that come out of my belly? When will they be taken out?
How active can I be when I get home?
- How much can I lift?
- When will I be able to drive?
- When will I be able to return to work?
Will I have much pain? What medicines will I have for the pain? How should I take them?
When is my first follow-up appointment after my surgery? How often do I need to see the doctor during the first year after my surgery? Will I need to see doctors other than my surgeon?