Pulmonary Hypertension Center at UCH
The Pulmonary Hypertension Center (PHC) at UCH offers clinical expertise and active research to patients with severe pulmonary hypertension.
The PHC is an interdisciplinary care facility that combines the skills of cardiologists, pulmonologists, hematologists, rheumatologists and pharmacologists.
Our care for pulmonary hypertension patients includes evaluation for lung transplantation and experimental therapies. These therapies are offered through our research trials to patients who meet participation criteria.
Call us at (720) 848-5300 to request an appointment.
What to Bring to Your PH Appointment
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state or military ID are acceptable).
- Your insurance card or the name of your carrier; the plan, policy or group number; and the phone number of the insurance company. If covered by a spouse's policy, know your spouse's date of birth and Social Security number.
- A referral form or number if required by your insurance carrier.
- Previous medical records. You also can arrange to have them transferred prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- A list of your current medications, including all over-the-counter medications.
- If you currently use oxygen, please bring enough to last the length of the appointment. We are unable to refill oxygen tanks. (There is oxygen in exam rooms during your visit.)
- Name, address and phone number of the referring physician (if relevant).
Our Contact Information
Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion
12605 East 16th Ave.
Aurora, CO 80045
(Located within the Cardiac & Vascular Center, 3rd floor)
Maps and directions
Please DO NOT mail correspondence to the street address. Call the clinic for our mailing address.
When We're Open
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
1 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Your Medical Team at the PH Center
The physicians and nurses at the University of Colorado Hospital Pulmonary Hypertension Center have served in national and international leadership positions in the field, and have participated in the development of many of the currently available therapies, as well as the guidelines for the treatment of the disease.
David Badesch, MD is the clinical director of the Pulmonary Hypertension Center. See his full profile.
Todd Bull, MD is the medical director of the Anschutz Intensive Care Unit at University of Colorado Hospital. See his full profile.
Edward Dempsey, MD specializes in critical care medicine and pulmonary disease. See his full profile.
Brian Graham, MD graduated from Harvard Medical School and specializes in pulmonary disease. See his full profile.
Other Pulmonary Hypertension Staff
Clinical registered nurse – a nurse licensed in the state of Colorado who specializes in treating patients with a specific disease.
Research coordinator – a staff member responsible for managing the elements need to conduct research trials.
Clockwise from left: Lindsay Cram MSPH, Professional Research Assistant; Laura Sanchez, Administrative Assistant; Brenda Kuiphoff RN, BSN, Professional Research Assistant; Debbie Zupancic NP; Justin VandenBosch RN, BSN; Gentle Arnez RN, BSN, Professional Research Assistant; Deb McCollister RN, BSN, Senior Professional Research Assistant; Robin Hohsfield RN, BSN; Cheri Abbott RN, Professional Research Assistant.