Skip to Content

Your Rehabilitation Therapy Medical Team

Depending on your rehabilitation needs, you will work with one or more therapists to recover from injury or improve your physical and/or language ability at University of Colorado Hospital.

Rehabilitation Therapy Specialists at University of Colorado Hospital

Physical Therapist –  evaluates your condition and develops a personalized plan help you regain lost physical abilities, reduce pain and prevent future injuries. In addition to treating general injuries, our physical therapists specialize in specific areas, including:

  • Amputee
  • Burn
  • Cancer Rehabilitation
  • Lymphedema (severe swelling)
  • Wound Care

Occupational Therapist – evaluates your condition and develops a personalized plan to improve ability to perform daily life activities such as personal care, work or recreation. Our occupational therapists provide treatment for mild to severe disabilities and also specialize in hand therapy.

Speech Therapist – evaluates and treats speech, non-verbal communication ability, voice and dysphagia (difficulty swallowing) disorders.

Physiatrist – a doctor certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation who is available to provide assessment and consultation at specialty amputee and nerve condition clinics.