Colorado High Risk Maternity and Newborn Program: Patient Information from University of Colorado Hospital
Philosophy of Care
Our program is a partnership of Children’s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado Hospital and University of Colorado School of Medicine. Our mission is to work together to provide the most complete and advanced care for high-risk pregnancies and births.
We offer the following services:
- High-risk pregnancy consultation and management
- Diabetes and pregnancy management
- First-trimester screening and Chorionic Villus Sampling (CVS) - A prenatal test that detects abnormalities such as Down syndrome and other genetic disorders
- Perinatal infection management
- Ultrasound evaluation and diagnosis
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Newborn critical care in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Emergency transport
- Inpatient medical/nursing care provided in a unit specially designed to meet the needs of patients with high-risk pregnancies.
We also offer the following support services:
- Home health care services
- Breastfeeding assistance
- Nutrition counseling
- Sleeping accommodation assistance
- Social worker and case manager support
How to Make a High Risk Pregnancy Clinic Appointment
- Call us at: (720) 848-1060
- Women’s Care Unit 24/7 physician consultation: (720) 848-5233.
What to Bring to Your High Risk Pregnancy Clinic Appointment
- Your photo or military ID.
- Your insurance card or the name of your carrier; the plan, policy or group number; and the phone number of the insurance company. If covered by a spouse's policy, know your spouse's date of birth and Social Security number.
- Your insurance co-pay, if applicable. For your convenience, we accept Mastercard, Visa, personal check or cash.
- A referral form or number if required by your insurance carrier.
- Previous medical records, or arrange to have them transferred prior to your scheduled appointment time.
High Risk Pregnancy Clinic Location
Anschutz Medical Campus
Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion
1635 Aurora Court, Third Floor
Aurora, CO 80045
High Risk Pregnancy Clinic Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with 24/7 access for referring physicians
High Risk Pregnancy Clinic Insurance and Payment
University of Colorado Hospital accepts most major insurance plans.
Your insurance co-pay (if required) is due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept:
- Personal check