Outpatient Psychiatric Services
Call (303) 724-1000 to request an appointment
Our Philosophy of Care
- Treatment is client-centered, focusing on individual needs and concerns in the context of our clients' lives outside the treatment setting
- Treatment is strength-based, using the available client and community resources, rather than focused on deficits of pathology
- Treatment includes multiple modalities as needed such as psychotherapy, crisis management, medications, environmental support, and mobilization of community resources
- Clients’ autonomy and choices are always maximized
Download our brochure
Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic Services
The Outpatient Psychiatry department offers a full range of services for children through older adults.
Various modalities include individual, groups, family and couples therapy. We treat all major psychiatric conditions.
Group Therapy Services
We offer various group therapy services, including:
- Medication Maintenance
- Multi-Systemic Therapy
- Intensive Family Therapy
Learn more about our community-based psychiatry services
Conditions We Don't Treat
- Primary services for developmental disabilities
- Forensic evaluations
- Persons who need specialized care for drug and alcohol conditions
- Individuals who have a legal status other than voluntary
Appointment and Contact Information
What to Bring to Your Outpatient Psychiatry Appointment
Please arrive at least 30 minutes early
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state or military ID are acceptable)
- Your insurance card. If covered by a spouse's policy, know your spouse's date of birth and Social Security number. Patients should bring Medicare insurance information including information on Plan D
- A referral form or number if required by your insurance company
- Proof of guardianship – for minors
- Previous medical records.
- A list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications you take
- Name, address and phone number of the referring doctor (if relevant)
Anschutz Medical Campus
Bldg 500, 2nd Floor, West Wing
13001 E. 17th Place
Aurora, CO 80045
When We're Open
Monday and Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Insurance and Payment Information
University of Colorado Hospital accepts most major insurance plans. Note that our Outpatient Psychiatric practice does not accept:
- United Healthcare
- United Medical Alliance
- United Student Resources
Your insurance co-pay (if required) is due at the time of service.
For your convenience we accept:
- Personal check
There is free valet parking in front of the Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute (RMLEI) at 17th and Aurora Court. You will then have a brief walk north to Building 500.
There is also hourly paid parking (including handicap access) north of Building 500. RTD bus routes 15 and 20 go directly to Building 500.
Maps and Directions
Visit our UCDenver School of Medicine page