Our survivorship program, a LIVESTRONG® Survivorship Center of Excellence, brings resources, support, and information to cancer survivors with clinics, educational classes, and survivorship needs assessments.
For more information, please contact (720) 848 0349 or email@example.com.
The TACTIC (Thriving After Cancer Treatment Is Complete) clinic is a unique collaborative endeavor by the University of Colorado Hospital's Department of Internal Medicine, Children's Hospital Colorado, and the University of Colorado Cancer Center.
The clinic aims to assist adult survivors of childhood cancer and their health care providers in understanding the clinical late effects and risks from cancer treatment as well as the impact on the emotional well-being. The clinic can also serve in transitioning health care from the pediatric realm to adult care.
The TACTIC clinic is dedicated to promoting preventative care and healthy behaviors for adult survivors of childhood cancer who may face "late effects" of treatment that include:
- Heart failure related to chemotherapy
- Neuro-cognitive deficits
- Anxiety and depression
- Fertility issues
- Endocrine problems
Patients attending the TACTIC clinic receive:
- An assessment of past cancer treatment and late effects by a pediatric oncologist from Children’s Hospital Colorado
- An overall health evaluation by a general internal medicine physician from the University Of Colorado Hospital
- A psychosocial evaluation by a psychologist
- An educational overview of late effects and resources by an oncology nurse
- A treatment summary and survivorship care plan that summarizes cancer treatment information and TACTIC team recommendations for follow-up appointments, screenings and surveillance.
About the clinic
The clinic meets on the first Thursday of each month in the hospital's Department of Internal Medicine, located on the fifth floor of the Anschutz Outpatient Pavilion (see maps and locations).
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact (720) 848-0349 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
WIN - WHAT IS NEXT?
Have you recently completely treatment for cancer? Are you wondering What Is Next?
The WIN Program can help you get the answers you need. WIN is a series of up to six clinic visits led by healthcare professionals with clinical experience specific to cancer. These visits are held in a group setting and are paid for by most insurance plans. Each session requires a co-pay.
The goals of these clinic visits are to:
- Help you identify your cancer survivorship healthcare needs
- Learn about symptom management
- Receive state-of-the-art information about how to keep yourself healthy
- Design a personalized wellness plan
- Assist you in creating a partnership with your medical team
- Link you to appropriate resources and referrals
- Gain an understanding of how treatment summary and care documents can be useful for your future healthcare needs
Specialty Providers leading these clinic visits include:
- Physical Therapists
- Exercise Specialists
- Health Psychologists
For more information or register, please contact (720) 848-0349 or email@example.com. It is important that you commit to all session in order to receive the full benefit of the program.
Clinic visits will be held at our Stapleton Clinic (AF Williams)
3055 Roslyn St., Suite 100
Denver, CO 80238