<< Back to Results
Lung Cancer Mutation Consortium Protocol
- Patients with stage IIIB / IV adenocarcinoma of the lung who have undergone biopsy with remnant tissue. All patients will have adequate remnant tissues to have their tumors tested for mutations. The study sample size will be 1000. Patients who were originally stage I-IIIA and had a resection but later recurred are eligible. While it may be possible to obtain tumor for mutation analysis at the time of recurrence, in some cases this will not be possible and the original tumor specimen may be used for mutational analysis after patient consent.
- IRB Protocol Number
- Principal Investigator(s)
- PAUL BUNN
- KELLY KUGLER at 303-724-4168
- Eligibility and Other Participant Information
- What To Expect : Patients will be asked to donate samples from a biopsy (a tissue sample from the tumor) or surgery that has already occurred. They will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire. It will ask them about their cancer history and treatments, current medications, smoking history, toxic exposure history and family history of cancer. // Eligibility criteria : 1.Subjects (=> 18 years of age) who are undergoing further evaluation for the diagnosis or treatment of advanced adenocarcinoma of the lung.
2.Oral and written informed consent.
3.Participants must have a SWOG performance status of 0-2.