<< Back to Results
SWOG S1014: ABIRATERONE ACETATE TREATMENT FOR PROSTATE CANCER PATIENTS WITH A PSA OF MORE THAN FOUR FOLLOWING INITIAL ANDROGEN DEPRIVATION THERAPY PHASE II
- Abiraterone acetate is a hormonal tablet that has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for more advanced prostate cancer patients who have received chemotherapy. It is considered investigational for the type of prostate cancer in this study.
- IRB Protocol Number
- Principal Investigator(s)
- THOMAS FLAIG
- NICOLE CHRONISTER at 720-848-0602
- Eligibility and Other Participant Information
- What To Expect : Treatment will consist of taking 4 abiraterone acetate tablets a day together with Prednisone for as long as there is no worsening of signs and symptoms of the disease and side effects do not become too severe.A follow up period will consist of clinic visits up to 3 years after study registration. // Eligibility criteria include but are not limited to 18 years or older with prostate cancer.
- Montrose Memorial Hospital
- Shaw Regional Cancer Center (Vail)
- ST. MARYS HOSPITAL - G.J.
- Valley View Hospital