The Lung Cancer Clinic is located in the Anschutz Cancer Pavilion on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, Colo. View the campus map
Our expert lung cancer physicians will guide you through your diagnosis and treatment options, including advanced tumor testing.
Get a second opinion. If you have already been diagnosed and treated for lung cancer, we can offer you a second opinion, including options for advanced care available nowhere else in the Rocky Mountain region.
The CU Cancer Center can perform advanced molecular tumor testing to determine if it is positive for a variety of gene problems, including ALK. This is done through the Colorado Molecular Correlates (CMOCO) Lab at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
• Please talk to your doctor about having your tumor tested at the CU Cancer Center before sending your information to us.
• Tumor testing DOES NOT include a detailed explanation of results. Interpretation requires a visit with the CU Cancer Center lung cancer physicians.
• Tumor testing may be covered by health insurance. Please contact your health insurer for more information.
• Costs for tumor testing not covered by insurance can be covered by the individual.
Obtain a CMOCO Lab Request Form from Nancy Hart at (303) 724-4754, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can also send her an email message.
Send the following information to the CMOCO lab:
• Completed CMOCO Lab Request Form
• Clinician/oncologist contact information: name, phone number, fax number, NPI number
• Patient billing information: demographic information and insurance information if your insurance will be billed. Demographic information only if you are self-pay.
• Tumor specimen: clearly identified tumor specimen fixed in buffered formalin and assoicated pathology report, OR
• 10 unstained slides with associated pathology report
Note: Decalcified specimens (bone biopsies) are not acceptable for FISH testing
Mailing address for specimens:
University of Colorado School of Medicine
12801 E. 17th Ave., Campus Box 8104
Aurora, CO 80045