Gynecologic Cancer Treatment at the University of Colorado Cancer Center
Gynecologic cancers begin in the female reproductive system or genitals. If you or a loved one is facing this kind of diagnosis, a compassionate team of professionals at the University of Colorado Cancer Center is here to offer you expertise, the latest in proven treatments, support and, not least, hope.
We specialize in all kinds of gynecologic cancer. This means we have extensive experience and expertise in treating:
As part of the region’s leading academic hospital, it also means we have access to the latest in research, treatment and drug therapy. We also offer fertility-sparing treatment whenever possible.
An NCI-designated center
The University of Colorado Cancer Center is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the Rocky Mountain region (one of only 40 in the United States). Here you'll find some of the country’s most skilled physicians and researchers, all committed to joining you in your fight against this disease.
Just as important as finding the best team of physicians, nurses and staff is finding a team of people who know that cancer is more than a physical disease. Our teams are committed to treating each patient as a whole person.
At the CU Cancer Center, the same caring team of doctors and support professionals will be with you throughout your entire journey.
- Your team is made up of experts from many fields: surgeons, gynecologic oncologists, urologic oncologists, fertility specialists, pathologists, radiologists, nurses, social workers, geneticists and counselors. Most specialize specifically in treating gynecologic cancer and supporting people with it. They review your test results, your progress and discuss the next best step in your care with each other and with you.
- All your records, consultations, test results and all the provider notes about you and your treatment’s history are in an electronic medical record, available to all the doctors within the University of Colorado Hospital system. As needed, providers from any of our other specialties may be called in to help treat you and your condition.
- You also have access to complementary and alternative medicine through our doctor-led Center for Integrative Medicine.
- We’re proud to say that cancer treatment at UCH includes compassionate support and education for you and your entire support network.
Advanced Research & Treatment
As the regional leader in cancer treatment and support, you get specialized care not available anywhere else in the Rocky Mountain region.
- World-renowned experts in cancer diagnosis and staging, which are the first steps for getting proper cancer care.
- Patients have access to state-of-the-art facilities and medical technology.
- Access to many new treatments, including the latest drugs and vaccines for treating gynecologic cancer, through our involvement in clinical trials.