Digestive/Gastrointestinal Cancer Treatment at the University of Colorado Cancer Center
Most of us take our body’s complex and amazing digestive system for granted. But those who receive a diagnosis of gastrointestinal cancer develop a deeper appreciation and understanding of the human body’s incredible nutrition and energy processing factory.
Here at University of Colorado Hospital and the University of Colorado Cancer Center, we specialize in cancers of the digestive system, which include:
Here, you’ll find the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the Rocky Mountain region (one of only 40 in the United States).
You’ll also find some of the country’s top researchers, specialists and surgeons, all experts at getting patients (and their families) back on their feet.
Contact us at (720) 848-0300 to make an appointment.
Just as important as finding the best team of physicians, nurses and staff is finding a team of people who know that cancer is more than a physical disease and are committed to treating each patient as a whole person. At the CU Cancer Center, the same caring team of doctors and support professionals will be with you throughout your entire journey.
- Your team is made up of experts from many fields: surgeons, oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, nurses, social workers, geneticists and counselors. Most specialize specifically in gastrointestinal cancer treatment and support. They review your test results, your progress and discuss the next best step in your care with each other and with you.
- All your records, consultations, test results and all the provider notes about you and your treatment’s history are in an electronic medical record, available to all the doctors within the University of Colorado Hospital system. Some may be called in from our specialties to help treat you and your condition.
- You also have access to complementary and alternative medicine through our doctor-led Center for Integrative Medicine.
- We’re proud to say that cancer treatment at UCH includes compassionate support and education for you and your entire support network.
Advanced Research and Treatment
At the regional leader in cancer research, treatment and support, you get specialized care not available anywhere else in Colorado.
- World-renowned experts in cancer diagnosis and staging, which are the first steps for getting proper cancer care.
- Patients have access to facilities specifically designed to protect weakened immune systems.
- Access to many new treatments, including the latest drugs and vaccines for treating blood cancers, through our involvement in clinical trials.
Your Nurse Navigator
A GI cancer diagnosis, and the treatment questions and challenges that come with it, can be overwhelming.
With this in mind, UCH offers patients the services of a GI cancer nurse navigator to guide them through their course of care in what is often an emotional journey.
Find out more