COMIRB #: 06-0062
Study Purpose– This study will evaluate exercise function during single leg calf exercise in people with and without type 2 diabetes.
Study Design –
- Physical exam, blood draws, and activity questionnaire
- Standardized diet before study visits
- Assessment of body composition, insulin sensitivity, blood vessel function, cardiac function, and exercise capacity
- Muscle biopsy of your calf
- A two week supervised exercise training program
- 8 weeks or 2 months
Study Benefits – compensation will be provided for your time. Lab tests will be made available to you at your request.