Our Burn Trauma ICU and Burn Clinic
Our Philosophy of Care
Our Burn Trauma ICU ensures that all burn and trauma victims receive the specialized care that only an American Burn Association-verified center can provide.
Services We Provide
We provide comprehensive wound care for:
- Partial-thickness burns greater than 10 percent of the total body surface area
- Burns that involve the face, hands, feet, genitalia, perineum or major joints
- All third-degree burns
- Electrical burns, including lightning
- Chemical burns
- Inhalation injury
- Burned patients with preexisting medical disorders (including pregnancy, diabetes, coronary artery disease)
- Necrotizing fasciitis
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
Here's What to Bring to Your Burn Appointment
- Your photo ID (driver's license, passport, state or military ID are acceptable)
- Your insurance card or the name of your carrier; the plan, policy or group number; and the phone number of the insurance company. If covered by a spouse's policy, know your spouse's date of birth and Social Security number
- A referral form or number if required by your insurance carrier
- Previous medical records. You also can arrange to have them transferred prior to your scheduled appointment time. Name, address and phone number of the referring physician (if relevant)
Our Contact Information
Burn Trauma ICU
12605 E. 16th Ave., Mail Stop F796
Aurora, CO 80045
Open 24 hours/day. Seven days/week.
1635 Aurora Court, 7th Floor
Aurora, CO 80045
Open Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please DO NOT mail correspondence to the street address.
Call the clinic for our mailing address.
Burn Trauma ICU and Burn Clinic Insurance & Payment Information
University of Colorado Hospital accepts most major insurance plans. Your insurance co-pay (if required) is due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept cash, personal check, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.