Get Care at the UCH Spine Center
Our Philosophy of Care
The Spine Center at University of Colorado Hospital specializes in treating people with back and neck pain using proven therapies and the latest technologies.
Whether a patient needs physical therapy, medication, spinal injections, surgery, or any combination of these treatments, our skilled spine and back doctors and staff focus on making our patients feel better, happier and healthier in the safest manner possible.
We use a collaborative and multi-disciplinary approach among orthopaedic surgeons, physiatrists, physical/occupational therapists, psychologists, integrative medicine, and anesthesiologists.
As the sole academic medical center in the region, the Spine Center is the only provider in the Front Range to take such a comprehensive approach to spine and neck care. In fact, because of our high levels of experience, we are regularly asked to evaluate cases as a second opinion.
So, whether you need an initial diagnosis or would simply like to double check an existing one, the Spine Center at the University of Colorado is here to help you.
For appointments, call (720) 848-1980.
- Artificial disc
- Back pain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Disc replacement
- Facet joints
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal stenosis
- Neck Pain
- Evaluation and non-surgical treatment coordinated by board certified spine specialists trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatrist)
- Surgical decision-making and management by spine surgeons in neurosurgery and orthopaedics
- Spinal injections, including epidural steroid injections, selective nerve root blocks, facet joint injections, sacroiliac joint injections, hip joint injections, radiofrequency procedures and others
- Electrodiagnostic evaluations (EMGs) performed by specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Comprehensive rehabilitation physical/occupational therapy services are performed on-site
- Pain psychology evaluation services are offered to all patients
What to bring to your Spine Center appointment
- Your photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state or military ID are acceptable).
- Your insurance card or the name of your carrier; the plan, policy or group number; and the phone number of the insurance company. If covered by a spouse's policy, know your spouse's date of birth and Social Security number.
- A referral form or number if required by your insurance carrier.
- Previous medical records. You also can arrange to have them transferred prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Name, address and phone number of the referring physician (if relevant).
Appointment phone number (720) 848-1980
Our Contact Information
Anschutz Outpatient Center
1635 Aurora Court, Ste 4200
Aurora, CO 80045
Get maps and directions
Please DO NOT mail correspondence to the street address. Call the clinic for our mailing address.
When we're open
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Insurance & Payment
University of Colorado Hospital accepts most major insurance plans. Your insurance co-pay (if required) is due at the time of service. For your convenience we accept cash, personal check, MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
UCH Spine Center - Information from CU School of Medicine