CeDAR Family Program
Addiction is a Family Disease
We know addiction robs family members of their true identity, creates behaviors that are dysfunctional and destroys relationships. Family members often blame themselves or try to control an addict’s behavior – but we know only the addict can stop the destructive cycle.
Our week-long program helps participants learn about the disease of addiction and how to care for themselves and ultimately how to support their loved one in the recovery process.
What you Should Know:
• Offered twice monthly, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Weekly family support meetings are provided at CeDAR
• Cost for one family member is included in residential fee, additional participants are welcome for an affordable fee.
• Participation is open to any family member who wants help, having a loved one as a patient at CeDAR is not a requirement.
• Research shows participation in Family Program helps increase overall recovery rates.
CeDAR is one of a select few treatment programs that emphasizes to those we serve that recovery is manageable, just like other chronic, relapsing diseases. Recovery is a lifelong process that involves the application of tools by the individual and their family.
CeDAR believes that activities which support and enhance lifelong recovery are essential to an effective treatment process. Alumni service activities and recovery support is provided to all patients who participate in one of CeDAR’s treatment programs. We believe by offering these services at CeDAR and around the Rocky Mountain West region, our alumni can effectively manage their new life, clean and sober.
Recovery is a Lifelong Process