Outpatient Treatment Services
CeDAR’s Outpatient Treatment Services are based on evidence-based practices and culturally-sensitive approaches in the context of a Recovery Oriented Continuum of Care. Our programs are appropriate for those who need and will benefit from primary outpatient services for recovery from substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders. Individuals who need a “step-down” level of care after completing residential or higher levels of addiction treatment within or from outside the CeDAR continuum of care will be served effectively in the outpatient program.
The services are designed for adults age 18 and over from the Denver-metropolitan area. The program also serves healthcare and other professionals through a specially designed and responsive treatment program track. The outpatient or intensive outpatient structure will address problems associated with chemical dependencies and related mental health disorders and allow participants to initiate a recovery program. Specialty program offerings may include relapse prevention, specific areas of concern related to healthcare professionals, women’s/men’s needs, or trauma issues.
Primary Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
CeDAR’s standard IOP features a psycho-education curriculum that incorporates essential early recovery concepts as well as process and skills building group therapy. The IOP is multi-disciplinary in nature with Addiction and Recovery Education, Counseling, Case Management, Mental Health Care, Medication Management and Peer Accountability components. CeDAR utilizes this integrated and holistic recovery based approach to emphasize health and wellness and therapeutic processes designed to affect improved functioning of participants in each area.
• Offered three evenings (9hours/week) OR 3-4 days (9-12 hrs/week) depending on start date and the clinical need of participants
• 12-week standard length of stay
• One individual therapy/case management session (minimum) every two weeks
Primary Aftercare Group
Designed to help those in need of ongoing therapeutic recovery support and relapse prevention counseling.
• Weekly 90 minute process group
• 13 week minimum commitment
Primary IOP for Healthcare and Other Professionals
CeDAR also has an IOP and Aftercare Group for Healthcare and Other Professionals. The IOP is appropriate for monitored and voluntary professionals who need specialized outpatient services to initiate recovery but can not access or need residential services. This program is appropriate for individuals who need a step-down from residential but need more intensive care than that offered by the Professionals Aftercare Group.
In addition to process and/or skills building therapy, specialized services are offered that include Professionals, Experiential and Professionals Psychoeducational groups (Interpersonal Effectiveness, Return to Practice issues, Process Addictions and Change Management).
• Offered three or four days or evenings per week (provides 9 to 12 hours of therapeutic group per week)
• 12-week minimum length of stay
• Includes one individual therapy/case management session every week
Professionals Aftercare Group
• Utilizes a relapse prevention therapy model of care
• 6 month minimum length of stay
• Weekly 90 minute group therapy specialized to the professional patient population
• Appropriate for individuals leaving Primary IOP or Residential Treatment.
Outpatient Assessment Services
• 3-Hour Substance Use Disorder and Co-Occurring Mental Health disorders screening (determines diagnostic findings, additional assessment requirements & level of care recommendations)
• 1 1/2 hour Substance Use Disorder assessment to determine IOP or other program eligibility (if phone screening is not sufficient to determine appropriateness for requested CeDAR level of care)
• Psychiatric medication monitoring and evaluation available during/following patient completion of CeDAR Residential, IOP or Aftercare programs.
• Family Education program provided twice a month.