CARSS (CeDAR Alumni Recovery Support Services)
Support and Activities for Sustained Recovery
All those who were patients at CeDAR can take advantage of a variety of services offered through the CARSS Program. In all of these activities, CARSS Specialists and Alumni Volunteers act as mentors, motivators, role models, problem-solvers, and connectors to recovery resources.
CeDAR Alumni, Family & Friends Picnic
Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:00 PM
There will be Golfing, Back-to-Basic Workshop, bring your blanket for an Old-Fashion Picnic, and activities for the children.
If you have any questions please contact Heather.Lister@uch.edu / 720-848-3034.
• Weekly Alumni Support Group Meetings: Alumni gather to share their stories of recovery and to support current patients who are just starting their recovery journeys.
• Educational Opportunities: Lectures and workshops facilitated by CeDAR staff, and other professionals from the addiction community provide information relevant to Alumni in early recovery as well as support for Alumni in later stages of recovery.
• Active Recovery Events:
Alumni are encouraged to participate in recreational and social activities that support wellness and long term recovery.
• Service Projects: Alumni are encouraged to “give back” through projects that support current patients and in activities that take place in the local community.
• Social Media Support: On the CeDAR Alumni Facebook and Twitter pages, Alumni can connect with friends made at CeDAR, keep up with CeDAR events and learn about recovery resources and activities in their communities.
• Volunteer Program: Alumni who have celebrated one year of recovery can volunteer in a variety of ways. Volunteers may help out in our Admission department or may spend time with current patients in a variety of educational and “free-time” endeavors. Alumni Volunteers may also support former patients by helping them integrate into their home recovery communities and into the CeDAR Alumni community.
• Follow-Up Recovery Support Program: Former patients can receive follow-up support from CARSS Specialists and Alumni Volunteers for one year after treatment through regularly scheduled telephone calls.
Contact Heather.Lister@uch.edu for more information about Recovery Events, Service Projects and Social Media.
Contact Paul.Scudo@uch.edu for more information about Volunteer opportunities.
Contact Michael.Holtzer@uch.edu for more information about the Follow-Up Recovery Support Program.