Part 2-Skills Portion of NRP Certification. (Must first complete all modules of on-line test and bring copy of completion to class.) Format is skills based with practice, simulation and debriefing. SKILLS PORTION ONLY, didactic to be completed on-line prior to this class. Text fees are NOT included in this course. Memorial employees who wish to attend the course, but is not required per their job description will pay a reduced rate of 50% of the non-employee fee.
Certificate of Completion from AAP signifying completion of the on-line test and current Healthcare BLS Provider Card.
- professional staff responsible for the well being of neonates in NICU, Birth Center, Mother/Baby, Women's Pavilion, etc., units
- PARTICIPANTS MUST FIRST COMPLETE ALL NINE (9) MODULES OF THE ON-LINE TEST AND BRING COPY OF CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION, OR THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND CLASS!; **Please note that the on-line program is the test ONLY. Prior study of the NRP 6th Edition Textbook is required. Once on-line test is completed you will have a strict 30 day window to complete this skills portion. MEMORIAL EMPLOYEES WHO REQUIRE NRP FOR THEIR POSITION: CONTACT THE LIFE SUPPORT COORDINATOR AT 719-365-1541 TO BE ASSIGNED THE ON-LINE PORTION. Non-Employees and Employees who DO NOT require NRP, contact AAP for on-line test at aap.org/nrp. Non-employees are welcome to attend this skills portion class once they completed the on-line test and provide proof of completion
- Successfully accomplish AAP objectives for all modules in skills evaluations
- To cancel call the Life Support Office (719-365-1541) or the Clinical Education Office (719-365-5087) at least 24 hours prior to class start. Re-register on the web
- PROVIDER CARDS ARE SENT VIA INTEROFFICE MAIL TO MEMORIAL EMPLOYEES; NON EMPLOYEES CARDS ARE MAILED DIRECTLY TO THE ADDRESS LISTED ON THE PARTICIPANTS REGISTRATION;
- Cancellations: Cancellations will be accepted through the Clinical Education Office up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of the appropriate class. For cancellations the registrant needs to contact Clinical Education at 719-365-5087. Any cancellation received after the twenty-four hour deadline will be considered a “no show”.
- Refunds: Cancellations received up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of class will receive a refund of the appropriate class fee. All registrants, regardless of employment status, who “no show” or cancel less then twenty-four hours prior to class will not be refunded and are responsible for payment of class fee.
- Employee No Shows: Employees who register for a particular class and do not attend the class will be considered a “no show”. Additionally, employees who call to cancel the class less then twenty-four hours prior to the start of the class will be considered a “no show”. Managers will be notified of “no show” employees and the employees may receive an unscheduled absence at the Manager’s discretion
ALL class participants are required to wear scrubs or business casual, per MHS Policy (no jeans).
Class Hours: 0
Book: NRP Text 2011 (6th Edition)
Book Fee: $50.00 - if purchased at the Clinical Education Office ( Memorial Central ), or available at aap.org/nrp
Employee Fee if not required per job description: $25.00 skills portion, cost of on-line test separate at your expense - Does not include text fee.
Group/Student Fee: $50.00 skills portion, cost of on-line test separate at your expense - Does not include text fee.
Employee Fee, if required per job description: $0.00 - Does not include text fee.
Non-Employee Fee: $50.00 skills portion, cost of on-line test separate at your expense - Does not include text fee.