Textbook cost not included in class fees; Process of structuring medical terms and relating definitions to the anatomy, physiology, pathology, and medical procedures of the body systems.
Must be proficient in the English Language.
Admitting clerks, business office personel, medical records clerks, unit clerks, administrative assistants, CNAs, and other personnel required to increase and enhance their knowledge of medical terminology.
- Class is every Tuesday and Thursday for 5 weeks
- Classes begin: March 4, 2014
- Final test date: April 10, 2014
- All classes are held in the Radiology School Classroom, Printer's Park Medical Plaza 175 S. Union Suite # 240
- Textbook must be purchased prior to class
- Please bring highlighter and book to class!
- Please call 365-5087 to cancel.
- Memorial employees who wish to attend the course, but is not required per their job description will pay a reduced rate of 50% of the non-employee fee.
- Cancellations: Cancellations will be accepted through the Clinical Education Office up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of the appropriate class. For cancellations the registrant needs to contact Clinical Education at 365-5087. Any cancellation received after the twenty-four hour deadline will be considered a “no show”.
- Refunds: Cancellations received up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of class will receive a refund of the appropriate class fee. All registrants, regardless of employment status, who “no show” or cancel less then twenty-four hours prior to class will not be refunded and are responsible for payment of class fee.
- Employee No Shows: Employees who register for a particular class and do not attend the class will be considered a “no show”. Additionally, employees who call to cancel the class less then twenty-four hours prior to the start of the class will be considered a “no show”. Managers will be notified of “no show” employees and the employees may receive an unscheduled absence at the Manager’s discretion.
Business Casual per Memorial Hospital Policy - NO JEANS
Credit Type: Training Hours
Book: Required: Medical Terminology Systems:A Body Systems Approach, Seventh Edition with disc, by Barbara A. Gylys & Mary Ellen Wedding.
Book Fee: $74.00. Can be purchased in the Clinical Education Office. Please purchase text prior to class.
Employee Fee, if required per job description: $0.00
Employee Fee if not required per job description: $50.00
Non-Employee Fee: $100.00