- Upon registration, AWHONN membership information and proof of attendance at the AWHONN FHMPP 2 day workshop needs to be faxed to 719.365.6876 Att: Kerrie Burress
- Memorial Health System instructor candidates must receive prior approval from their nurse manager.
- Explain the principles of the adult learning process
- Describe the principles of the teaching process
- Discuss appropriate instructional methods utilized for various classroom situations
- Demonstrate skill in using the Instructor Guide to prepare and teach the Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles and Practices Workshop
- Identify learning methodology's included in the Fetal Monitoring Principles and Practices workshop
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct the skill station for integration of knowledge and skills
- Describe an external environment that promotes learning
Minimum requirements to participate in this training include:
- Current AWHONN membership
- Successful completion of the current Intermediate Course within 3 years of the Intermediate Instructor Course
- Minimum 2 years recent experience in fetal monitoring
- Current clinical involvement in fetal heart monitoring as a staff nurse, physician, manager, clinical nurse specialist, or educator
- Current responsibility for the evaluation of clinical skills of others in fetal heart monitoring
- Ongoing professional development in intrapartum, antepartum, high risk care and fetal heart monitoring
RN’s instructor candidates must have 12 months recent clinical L&D/Antepartum nursing experience and successfully completed the AWHONN FHMPP two day workshop. Instructor candidates must be an AWHONN member. AWHONN membership information and proof of attendance at the AWHONN FHMPP two day workshop needs to be faxed to 719-365-6876 Att: Kerrie Burress upon registration. Memorial Health System instructor candidates must receive prior approval from their nurse manager.
- Registration will close on November 29, 2013.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE TEXTBOOKS FROM KENDALL HUNT PUBLISHING, 1-800-228-0810. Course # MESI130101 Book costs are NOT included in the class fee.; Must cancel by November 27, 2013, please call 365-5087 to cancel.
- Cancellations: Cancellations will be accepted through the Clinical Education Office up to November 27, 2013. For cancellations the registrant needs to contact Clinical Education at 365-5087. Any cancellation received after the deadline will be considered a “no show”.
- Refunds: Cancellations received up to November 27, 2013 will receive a refund of the appropriate class fee. All registrants, regardless of employment status, who “no show” or cancel after November 27, 2013 will not be refunded and are responsible for payment of class fee.
- Employee No Shows: Employees who register for a particular class and do not attend the class will be considered a “no show”. Additionally, employees who call to cancel the class after November 27, 2013. Managers will be notified of “no show” employees and the employees may receive an unscheduled absence at the Manager’s discretion.
Business Casual per Memorial Hospital Policy - NO JEANS
Credit Type: Contact Hours provided by AWHONN
Intermediate Course Instructor Teaching Materials #: 978-0-7575-8038-3 Kendall Hunt at 1-800-338-8290
Book Fee: All participants are required to independently purchase the required materials (see below). Contact Kerrie Burress MSN, RNC-OB, C-EFM at 719-365-5550 for information on how to purchase the required course materials (see below) from Kendall Hunt Publishing. Kendall Hunt Publishing: www.kendallhunt.com/awhonnorder 1-800-338-8290
AWHONN Course # MESI130101
Employee Fee: $200.00
Non-Employee Fee: $200.00