- Current BLS Provider card
- Current ACLS Provider Card
- AHA standards require instructor candidates obtain the most current Instructor's Manual for ACLS to study prior to participation in this instructor course.
- Course completion requirements include: 1) completed forms prior to class - a) instructor application, b)copy of current ACLS provider card, c) Copy of Core Instructor Course certificate, d) copy of current BLS Provider Card, 2) performance of current BLS skills/didactic topics to AHA standards. Instructor candidates having incomplete forms will be excused from the course to prepare for another instructor class.
- The primary focus of this course is to mentor instructor candidates so that AHA course participants learn, practice, and reinforce skills with consistent, positive, and effective feedback.
- Instructor Candidates with or without mentoring will demonstrate facilitation of skills, such as creating a supportive learning atmosphere, that honor participants, peers, superiors, etc.
- The socratic method of instructing will be emphasized, being approachable towards participants, wearing business casual attire, with articulation and demonstration of BLS/ACLS skills to AHA standards.
- Instructor Candidates must be observed facilitating their first BLS/ACLS course within 90 days of this instructor course date.
- Any corrections made by the reviewer will require remediation. Fees collected for this course do not reflect revenue for the AHA.
- Questions/concerns or to cancel please contact Life Support Coordinator, at 365-1541
ALL class participants are required to wear scrubs or business casual, per MHS Policy (no jeans).
Class Hours: 0
Employee Fee if not required per job description: 150.00
Group/Student Fee: $0.00
Employee Fee, if required per job description: 150.00
Non-Employee Fee: $225.00