PALS Initial Course. Format is DVD & case-based teaching. This course also offers BLS Recertification. Text fees are NOT included in this course. Memorial employees who wish to attend the course, but is not required per their job description will pay a reduced rate of 50% of the non-employee fee.
- Healthcare Professional. Current BLS (bring card to class)
- proficient in ECG rhythm interpretation & PALS pharmacology
- thorough knowledge of the current AHA Guidelines
- MUST complete the pre-test on the AHA website - instructions are on page ii of the 2010 Guidelines PALS Provider Manual - bring your results to class.
- other Healthcare Professionals who require PALS Certification
- Successful completion requires attendance and participation in the entire course.
- Arriving late will require reschedule/repay.
- PALS Provider Manual are available for purchase at Memorial Clinical Education (719-365-5087).
- Pre-course Requirements-; 1. Review/understand the information in the 2010 Guidelines PALS Provider Manual; 2. Complete the pre-test on the AHA website - instructions are on page ii of the 2010 Guidelines PALS Provider Manual - bring your results to class; 3. Review/understand the information in the 2010 Guidelines BLS for Healthcare Provider Manual; 4. Resuscitation scenarios requires that BLS skills/knowledge are current; 5. This course reviews PALS information. Participants are expected to know algorithms, ECG, pharmacology, etc., prior to class and is accomplished during your PALS self study process; 6. CPR-BLS renewal is offered after this course (optional & additional $35.00 fee applies); 7. To cancel call the Life Support Office (719-365-1541), or the Clinical Education Office (719-365-5087) at least 24 hours prior to class start. Re-register on the web; 8. Participants arriving 10 minutes or more late will be required to reschedule/repay for the class. Fees collected for this class do not reflect revenue for the AHA; 9. PROVIDER CARDS ARE SENT VIA INTEROFFICE MAIL TO MEMORIAL EMPLOYEES; NON EMPLOYEES CARDS ARE MAILED DIRECTLY TO THE ADDRESS LISTED ON THE PARTICIPANTS REGISTRATION; 10. Memorial employees who wish to attend the course, but is not required per their job description will pay a reduced rate of 50% of the non-employee fee.
- Cancellations: Cancellations will be accepted through the Life Support or Clinical Education Office up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of the appropriate class. For cancellations the registrant needs to contact Life Support at 719-365-1541, or Clinical Education at 719-365-5087. Any cancellation received after the twenty-four hour deadline will be considered a “no show”.
- Refunds: Cancellations received up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of class will receive a refund of the appropriate class fee. All registrants, regardless of employment status, who “no show” or cancel less then twenty-four hours prior to class will not be refunded and are responsible for payment of class fee.
- Employee No Shows: Employees who register for a particular class and do not attend the class will be considered a “no show”. Additionally, employees who call to cancel the class less then twenty-four hours prior to the start of the class will be considered a “no show”. Managers will be notified of “no show” employees and the employees may receive an unscheduled absence at the Manager’s discretion.;
- Questions? please contact the Life Support Coordinator, 719-365-1541 or Clinical Education, 719-365-5087.
ALL class participants are required to wear scrubs or business casual, per MHS Policy (no jeans).
Class Hours: 0
Book: PALS Provider Manual, 2010 Guidelines - books NOT available at class location, please purchase prior to class
Book Fee: $42.00 - if purchased at the Clinical Education Office ( Memorial Central ).
Employee Fee if not required per job description: $87.50 - Does not include text fee.
Group/Student Fee: $175.00 + 35.00 to renew BLS = $210.00 - Does not include text fee.
Employee Fee, if required per job description: $0.00 - Does not include text fee.
Non-Employee Fee: $175.00 + 35.00 to renew BLS = $210.00 - Does not include text fee.