The Heartsaver AED Course is for people not working in the healthcare field and needing CPR training (infant, child, adult CPR/Choking maneuvers) and use of an AED in children/adults.
People required to have CPR training and do not work in the healthcare field or those interested in knowing how to potentially save a life!
- Covers CPR and Choking maneuvers for infants, children, and adults; use of an AED.
- Satisfactory completion requires successful demonstration of skills to AHA standards.
- To cancel call the Life Support Office (719-365-1541) or the Clinical Education Office (719-365-5087) at least 24 hours prior to class start. Re-register on the web
- Participants arriving 10 minutes or more late will be required to reschedule/repay for the class. Fees collected for this class do not reflect revenue for the AHA
- PROVIDER CARDS ARE SENT VIA INTEROFFICE MAIL TO MEMORIAL EMPLOYEES; NON EMPLOYEES CARDS ARE MAILED DIRECTLY TO THE ADDRESS LISTED ON THE PARTICIPANTS REGISTRATION;
- Cancellations: Cancellations will be accepted through the Life Support or Clinical Education Office up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of the appropriate class. For cancellations the registrant needs to contact Life Support at 719-365-1541, or Clinical Education at 719-365-5087. Any cancellation received after the twenty-four hour deadline will be considered a “no show”.
- Refunds: Cancellations received up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of class will receive a refund of the appropriate class fee. All registrants, regardless of employment status, who “no show” or cancel less then twenty-four hours prior to class will not be refunded and are responsible for payment of class fee.
- Employee No Shows: Employees who register for a particular class and do not attend the class will be considered a “no show”. Additionally, employees who call to cancel the class less then twenty-four hours prior to the start of the class will be considered a “no show”. Managers will be notified of “no show” employees and the employees may receive an unscheduled absence at the Manager’s discretion.;
- Questions? please contact the Life Support Coordinator, 719-365-1541 or Clinical Education, 719-365-5087.
ALL class participants are required to wear scrubs or business casual, per MHS Policy (no jeans).
Class Hours: 0
Book: Heartsaver AED - books NOT available at class location, please purchase prior to class.
Book Fee: $14.00 - if purchased at the Clinical Education Office ( Memorial Central ).
Employee Fee if not required per job description: $0.00 - Does not include text fee.
Group/Student Fee: $30.00 - Does not include text fee.
Employee Fee, if required per job description: $0.00 - Does not include text fee.
Non-Employee Fee: $30.00 - Does not include text fee.