Discuss the disease process of dementia, behaviors associated, and treatment options.
- Define Dementia
- Identify behaviors in Dementia patients
- Identify non-pharmacological treatment options
- Identify pharmacological treatment options
RNs, Students, and Technicians and/or Nursing Assistants interested in learning more about the management of the dementia patient.
- Register on at www.memorialhealthsystem.com within 2 weeks of the course.
- Cancellations: Cancellations will be accepted up to 48 hours prior to the class date. For cancellations the registrant needs to contact Clinical Education at 365-5087. Any cancellation received after the 24 hour mark deadline will be considered a “no show”.
- Employee No Shows: Employees who register for a particular class and do not attend the class will be considered a “no show”. Additionally, employees who call to cancel after 48 hours before the course will be considered a “no show”. Managers will be notified of “no show” employees and the employees may receive an unscheduled absence at the Manager’s discretion. ; You must attend entire class in order to receive contact hours.
Business Casual per Memorial Hospital Policy - NO JEANS
Credit Type: Nursing Contact Hours provided by Memorial
Employee Fee: $0.00
Non-Employee Fee: $20.00