University of Colorado Hospital
Advanced Concepts in Organ Transplantation
This course is designed for registered nurses who currently work with organ transplant recipients and desire to learn more about advanced topics surrounding the care before, during, and after transplantation.
- Discuss the differences in experiences shared by a donor family member and an organ recipient.
- Explain the role of the Transplant Anesthesiologist and how they manage the cases during transplant.
- List three reasons why glucose control post transplant is crucial.
- Match common transplant medications to side effects and usages
- Discuss the common indications for re-transplant and the Surgeon's thought process behind making re-transplant decisions.
- Describe the role of the Social Worker in the transplant process and the impact they have on the recipient and family members.
- List the major vascular complications seen post transplant and the role of the Interventional Radiologist in working to repair them.
To Be Announced.
Continuing Nursing Education Credit: 7.0 continuing nursing education contact hours will be awarded to participants who attend the course in its entirety and complete an evaluation.
Payment Terms - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Payment is due upon registration. Registrations will not be accepted without payment. Walk-in registrations may be accepted if the class is not full and will require an additional $10 charge for materials.
To make a payment via check, download the registration form at the bottom of this page, complete the 2nd page, and mail to the address indicated with a check.
Your tuition minus an $10.00 processing will be refunded if notified in writing 7 days prior to the course. There will be no tuition refunds granted after this date for non-attendance.
University of Colorado Hospital reserves the right to cancel an offering at any time. Should this happen, a full refund will be made. Tuition cannot be transferred to another course.
American Board of Transplant Certification, an accredited approver of the continuing nursing education for 7 category 1 CEPTCs.
This event will be held on the Anschutz Medical Campus in the Nighthorse Campbell Building, the Shore Family Forum (the auditorium on the main level).
Parking at the Anschutz Medical Campus is by fee or by permit only. Parking for this activity is available in the Ignacio, Georgetown, Julesburg or Kiowa parking lots. All are indicated with a red X on the attached map. Cash/Coin/Credit Card accepted. Handicapped visitor parking is also available.
Registration by check:
To make a payment via check, download the registration form below, complete the 2nd page, and mail to the address indicated with a check.