University of Colorado Hospital
End of Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC)
This 2 day program is designed for registered nurses and other healthcare professionals to review topics related to physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of patients and their families at the end of life.
Day 1 - 8:00 - 4:30 pm
Day 2 - 8:00 - 4:00 pm
Detailed Agenda To Be Announced
1. Discuss the need to improve palliative care and role of the nurse as a member of an interdisciplinary team in providing quality care.
2. Review basic principles of pain assessment and management with a focus on pain at the end of life.
3. Illustrate the importance of good communication at the end of life with suggestions for care.
4. Discuss the key ethical issues and legal concerns in end of life/palliative and resources to address these in practice.
5. Review spiritual dimensions which influence care in advanced disease.
6. Describe other symptoms common in advanced to disease and the role of the nurse and managing these symptoms.
7. Review the care at the actual time of death emphasizing the preparation necessary to insure the best care.
8. Identify the dimensions of culture which influence care in advanced disease and end of life.
9. Describe the challenging aspects of grief, loss and bereavement of patients and families as well as the loss experiences of health care individuals.
Continuing Nursing Education Credit:
12.75 continuing nursing education contact hours have been applied for and will be available to those who attend this program in its entirety and complete an online evaluation. Partial CE will NOT be awarded.
Payment Terms - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Register online with credit card using the link below. Tuition payments sent by First Class mail should be sent no later than 10 business days prior to the date of the course. Payment is due upon registration.
To make a payment via check, download the registration form at the bottom of this page, complete the 2nd page, and mail to the address indicated with a check.
Your tuition minus a $10.00 processing fee will be refunded if notified in writing prior to the course. There will be no tuition refunds granted if notified on day or course or after this date for non-attendance.
University of Colorado Hospital reserves the right to cancel an offering at any time. Should this happen, a full refund will be made. Tuition cannot be transferred to another course.
University of Colorado Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
No financial, professional or personal conflicts of interest have been determined to be present for this course. There is no additional commercial support for this event.
This event will be held on the Anschutz Medical Campus in the Nighthorse Campbell Native Health building, 13055 E. 17th Ave., Aurora, CO 80045
Parking at the Anschutz Medical Campus is by fee or by permit only. Parking for this activity is available in the Ignacio, Georgetown, or Cheyenne Wells parking lots. All are indicated with a red X on the attached map. Cash/Coin/Credit Card accepted. Handicapped visitor parking is also available.
Registration by check:
To make a payment via check, download the registration form below, complete the 2nd page, and mail to the address indicated with a check.