This course is designed for RN's who are actively precepting and have a desire to polish their skills and explore new strategies.
At the conclusion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Create a competent and safe practice culture and awareness of legal considerations.
- Assess strategies that may be used to form successful unit preceptor councils.
- Propose strategies that may be used by preceptors to promote self-care.
- Discuss essential components of providing effective and safe feedback.
- Apply effective feedback strategies to common clinical scenarios
- Examine alternative interventions to promote effective interactions with students/orientees during unfolding situations.
Prerequisite: Basic Preceptor
Registration & Continental Breakfast
Welcome and Introductions
Anxiety in the Clinical Setting
Course Summary and Evaluations
Continuing Education Credit:
4.25 continuing education contact hours will be awarded to nurses who attend this program in its entirety and complete the course evaluation.
Payment Terms – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Payment is due upon registration. Registrations will not be accepted without payment. Walk-in registrations may be accepted if the class is not full and will require an additional $10 charge for materials.
To register with a credit card on our secure site, please click the Register link to the right side of this page.
To make a payment via check, download the registration form at the bottom of this page, complete the 2nd page, and mail to the address indicated with a check.
Your tuition minus a $10 processing fee will be refunded if notified in writing 7 days prior to course. University of Colorado Hospital reserves the right to cancel an offering. A full refund would be made. Tuition cannot be transferred to another course.
University of Colorado Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Colorado Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Parking at the Anschutz Medical Campus is by fee or by permit only. Parking for this activity is available in the Georgetown, Julesburg, or Kiowa parking lots. All are indicated with a red X on the attached map. Cash/Coin/Credit Card accepted. Handicapped visitor parking is also available.
Registration by check:
To make a payment via check, download the registration form below, complete the 2nd page, and mail to the address indicated with a check.