Class is for employees only.; PEARS: Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition, and Stabilization Course. This course is designed to help participants develop proficiency in lifesaving skills. Focus is on those skills that are used during the first minutes of response to care for a child that experiences a sudden serious illness or injury.
Healthcare Professional employed at Memorial Hospital only
- Healthcare Providers that may encounter pediatric patients in their profession but do not routinely provide care for children with high-acuity illness or injury
- medical/surgical nurses
- EMT Basics & Intermediates
- Successful completion requires attendance and participation in the entire course.
- Arriving late will require reschedule/repay.
- PEARS Provider Manual are available for purchase at MHS Clinical Education (719-365-5087)
- Pre-course Requirements- 1. Review/understand the information in the PEARS Provider Manual, 2010 Guidelines; 2. Review/understand the information in the BLS for Healthcare Providers Manual, 2010 Guidelines; 3. Resuscitation scenarios requires that BLS skills/knowledge are current; 4. To cancel call the Life Support Office (719-365-1541), or the Clinical Education Office (719-365-5087) at least 24 hours prior to class start. Re-register on the web; 5. Participants arriving 10 minutes or more late will be required to reschedule/repay for the class. Fees collected for this class do not reflect revenue for the AHA; 6. PROVIDER CARDS ARE SENT VIA INTEROFFICE MAIL TO MHS EMPLOYEES; NON EMPLOYEES CARDS ARE MAILED DIRECTLY TO THE ADDRESS LISTED ON THE PARTICIPANTS REGISTRATION;
- Cancellations: Cancellations will be accepted through the Life Support or Clinical Education Office up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of the appropriate class. For cancellations the registrant needs to contact Life Support at 719-365-1541, or Clinical Education at 719-365-5087. Any cancellation received after the twenty-four hour deadline will be considered a “no show”.
- Refunds: Cancellations received up to twenty-four hours prior to the start of class will receive a refund of the appropriate class fee. All registrants, regardless of employment status, who “no show” or cancel less then twenty-four hours prior to class will not be refunded and are responsible for payment of class fee.
- Employee No Shows: Employees who register for a particular class and do not attend the class will be considered a “no show”. Additionally, employees who call to cancel the class less then twenty-four hours prior to the start of the class will be considered a “no show”. Managers will be notified of “no show” employees and the employees may receive an unscheduled absence at the Manager’s discretion.;
- Questions? please contact the Life Support Coordinator, 719-365-1541 or Clinical Education, 719-365-5087.
ALL class participants are required to wear scrubs or business casual, per MHS Policy (no jeans).
Class Hours: 0
Book Fee: $34.00 - if purchased at the Clinical Education Office (Memorial Central), or available at many local bookstores - prices may vary.
Group/Student Fee: N/A
Employee Fee, if required per job description: $0.00
Non-Employee Fee: N/A