Do you want to exercise . . . but have trouble making it happen?
The purpose of this research study is to learn why exercise may feel difficult to women.
To qualify, you must
- Be a woman between 50 and 75 years old
- Be generally healthy with or without type 2 diabetes.
- Be a non-smoker
- Have gone through menopause
- Currently exercise no more than once per week
- Have a BMI (Body Mass Index) between 25 and 39.9
(You can check your BMI at http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ )
Study procedures include:
- Blood tests
- Exercise testing
- Financial compensation
- A 6-week exercise prescription